Ep. 87- Interruptions, Injuries, and Confidence, with Emma Pinner of the Southampton Women’s Football Club
This week I am happy to bring you my conversation with Emma Pinner (@EPinner7), a striker for the Southampton Women’s Football Club. If you have been around and listening to the podcast for a while, you will know that from time to time I get the chance to chat with the players and coaches of the Southampton Women’s Football Club. I’m fortunate to have the chance to learn about the players, their careers, their habits and goals, and it brings me great pleasure to be able to share some of those conversations with you on the podcast. If you do not already support a women’s team in the Southampton area, I encourage you to take some time on a Sunday (or midweek sometimes) and watch the girls play. They are passionate, talented, organized and a joy to support!
Emma and I talked about her career, her goals for the season, her injury last year and we also took some questions from her teammates and others on Twitter. We were also interrupted about 100 times, by the dog, and my daughter, and the recorder running low on batteries and more. So, some of that makes it in there and I hope you enjoy a little of the behind the scenes that is in this conversation. Real life was happening right alongside me while I spoke to Emma. If you hate it, that’s fine. Next week will probably be back to normal.
Full disclosure, I sponsor a coach of the team and as a result have a small advertisement with the club. If you are interested in sponsoring a player, coach, or advertising, you can visit the contact page on the website, or email the club secretary (email below).
A special thank you to the Southampton Women’s Football Club, Amanda Burroughs, Simon Parker, Lee Calendar, and Emma for making this happen. It’s a pleasure and an honor to have to opportunity to work with such a fantastic organization and such amazing people.
- Southampton Women’s FC- on Instagram at @sotonwomensfc
- Southampton Women’s FC- on Twitter at @sotonwomensfc
- Website- https://www.southamptonwfc.co.uk/
- Club secretary, Amanda Burroughs- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule- https://www.southamptonwfc.co.uk/firsts-fixtures-results
- This podcast is partnered with The Southampton Page. For your all your Southampton FC news and needs, visit The Southampton Page on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- If you have questions or comments about the show, I'd love to hear them, please contact me via Twitter or email. If you have a guest you'd like me to try and get ahold of please let me know and I'll do my best.
- The artwork for the show is done by Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton page on Instagram. Be sure to check out the great edits, competitions, and polls he has going on over there.
- The show is on Twitter (@SFCDell_ivery) , Instagram (@sfcdell_ivery), and Facebook (facebook.com/sfcdellivery), so give us a follow, like the stuff, and stay up on what’s going down.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future episodes and give the show a rating on iTunes! You can click the links below or search “Dellivery” in your app.
All feedback can be sent to @SFCDell_ivery on Twitter, @sfcdell_ivery on Instagram, or at facebook.com/SFCDellivery. Questions can be submitted using the hashtag #sfcdell, and you can email the show at email@example.com.
All music in this episode comes courtesy of the Free Music Archive at freemusicarchive.org.
Intro Song- “Epic Song” by BoxCat Games- http://freemusicarchive.org/music/BoxCat_Games/
End of Show/Credits- “Aim is True” by Podington Bear- http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Podington_Bear/
Until next time, cheers.