The Southampton Women’s Football Club has had quite a run of late. Earning promotion in successive seasons the past two years and only narrowly missing out on an undefeated season and promotion this year. The club has undergone changes in its structure and coaching staff and have come through it all brilliantly. I’ve had the enormous pleasure of being semi-involved with the club over the course of this season. I sponsored one of the coaches, I was able to interview players and coaches, and I have come to love the club just as I love Saints.
The opportunity to speak with Tash Angel, a defender at the club, was amazing. She was easy to talk to, willing to answer almost every question I had, and I can genuinely say I enjoyed the entire thing, from the preparation to the interview to the editing. We were originally scheduled to speak a few months ago, in the buildup to the Hampshire FA Cup Final. However, after the team was disqualified for, according to the allegation and the Hampshire FA’s interpretation of the rule, fielding an ineligible player. The impending appeals process meant Tash and I had to delay our conversation until the matter was settled.
Remnants of the conversation and discussion over the teams disqualification and subsequent appeals are on Twitter, and Tash and I do talk a bit about it during the interview. The disappointment and frustration associated with the situation are clearly visible in many people who follow the club, myself included. If you’d like to read the statement provided by the club after their unsuccessful appeal you can do so here.
Tash and I discuss a number of things aside from the situation surrounding the FA Cup. We talk training and fitness, game day routines, expectations and take some questions from a few listeners. I hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as I enjoyed my conversation with Tash.
If you are interested in sponsoring a player, coach, or advertising, you can visit the contact page on the website, or email the club secretary (email below).
A special thank you to the Southampton Women’s Football Club, Amanda Burroughs, Simon Parker, Lee Calendar, and Tash for making this happen. It’s a pleasure to be able to work with such a fantastic organization.
- Southampton Women’s FC- on Instagram at @sotonwomensfc
- Southampton Women’s FC- on Twitter at @sotonwomensfc
- Website- https://www.southamptonwfc.co.uk/
- Club secretary, Amanda Burroughs- email@example.com
- Schedule- https://www.southamptonwfc.co.uk/firsts-fixtures-results
- This podcast is partnered with The Saints Report. For your all your Southampton FC news and needs, visit The Southampton Page on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- If you have questions or comments about the show, I'd love to hear them, please contact me via Twitter or email. If you have a guest you'd like me to try and get ahold of please let me know and I'll do my best.
- The artwork for the show is done by Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton page on Instagram. Be sure to check out the great edits, competitions, and polls he has going on over there.
- The show is on Twitter (@SFCDell_ivery) , Instagram (@sfcdell_ivery), and Facebook (facebook.com/sfcdellivery), so give us a follow, like the stuff, and stay up on what’s going down.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future episodes and give the show a rating on iTunes! You can click the links below or search “Dellivery” in your app.
All feedback can be sent to @SFCDell_ivery on Twitter, @sfcdell_ivery on Instagram, or at facebook.com/SFCDellivery. Questions can be submitted using the hashtag #sfcdell, and you can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All music in this episode comes courtesy of the Free Music Archive at freemusicarchive.org.
Intro Song- “Epic Song” by BoxCat Games- http://freemusicarchive.org/music/BoxCat_Games/
End of Show/Credits- “Aim is True” by Podington Bear- http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Podington_Bear/
Until next time, cheers.