This week is pretty special. I got to see a few of my good friends for the weekend, and, currently, my family and I are at Disneyland, the happiest place on earth. It’s a good thing, too. I consumed so much alcohol Friday night and Saturday that I remember very little of the Saints performance against LFC. And, what little I do remember is being replaced by memories of my kids screaming with excitement at the sight of princesses, wild rides, or spinning teacups. I also know that this episode is pretty special.
This weekend I spoke with Millie Peak, #1 for the Southampton Women’s Football Club. Millie and I spoke on Friday evening (pre-alcohol) about her career, being a goalkeeper, the team’s recent form and more. It was a pleasure to get to pick her brain about the game and get her thoughts on it all. I think you’ll enjoy it.
Millie is sponsored by Dosanjh Convenience Stores (link), but the club is always looking for new sponsors, as they players and coaches often have to pay their own way to the matches, for training, etc. If you are interested in sponsoring a player, coach, or advertising, you can visit the contact page on the website, or email the club secretary (email below).
A special thank you to the Southampton Women’s Football Club, Lee Calendar, and Millie for making this happen. It’s a pleasure to be able to work with such a fantastic organization.
- Millie Peak on Twitter @peakmillie1- https://twitter.com/peakemillie1
- Southampton Women’s FC- on Twitter at @sotonwomensfc
- Website- https://www.southamptonwfc.co.uk/
- Club secretary, Amanda Burroughs- email@example.com
- Schedule- https://www.southamptonwfc.co.uk/firsts-fixtures-results
- **A video with just Millie’s interview will be put up on YouTube by Wednesday night, US Pacific time. A link will be Tweeted several times.
- There are two new ways to enjoy the show. You can now listen to the most recent episodes on Soundcloud and YouTube, and you can still subscribe wherever you get your podcasts by searching “Dellivery” in your app- just make sure autocorrect doesn’t change it to delivery- and then look for the same image that is used on the Facebook page and Twitter Account.
- If you have questions or comments about the show, I'd love to hear them, please contact me via Twitter or email. If you have a guest you'd like me to try and get ahold of please let me know and I'll do my best.
- The artwork for the show is done by Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton page on Instagram. Be sure to check out the great edits, competitions, and polls he has going on over there.
- On this episode you heard a riff from BB King, I didn't create or recreate it, I just thought it was a good fit for the show.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future episodes and give the show a rating on iTunes!
All feedback can be sent to @SFCDell_ivery on Twitter or facebook.com/SFCDellivery and questions can be submitted using the hashtag #sfcdell. You can also email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time, cheers.