This week I am joined by TWO, yes TWO guests. The first is Chris Hughes, site expert at Saints Marching. He is a Saint loving journalist who brings passion and professionalism to his job and the team. I enjoyed chatting with him and, at least partly because the Stoke match was what it was, we don’t really go play-by through the game, but we cover it all and I think you’ll enjoy it. Links to Chris’ personal Twitter account, the Saints Marching account, and the Saints Marching website are all below. I encourage you to check them out when you have a chance (or now, now is also good). *Note- I recorded this interview on Sunday morning, as signs of illness were becoming apparent. I was drinking a large amount of tea during the interview to try and keep my voice from cracking, but it’s fairly obvious I was sick… I apologize for that. Also,I’m more sick today.
My second guest this week is Kirsty Bell. We’re talking with her because she is the Captain of the Southampton Women’s Football Club, but she’s really so much more than that. Kirsty was kind enough to give me some of her time to talk about her career and life, as well as the double-winning season of last year at the SWFC. After recording she and the rest of SWFC squad went on to beat their Southampton rivals (Southampton Girls and Ladies) by a score of 3-1, with Kirsty scoring 2 goals after coming on as a substitute. We wish her and the rest of the squad continued success and look forward to speaking with other members of the team in the months to come. Links for the team and Kirsty are below. They are worth checking out and I encourage anyone in the area to check out a match if you are around on a Sunday afternoon. The ladies truly appreciate your support. Also, if you are interested in sponsoring a player or coach, or purchasing an advertisement to help support the club, please contact the club secretary, Amanda Burroughs at email@example.com and let her know. Next match: Sunday, October 8, Away to Winchester City Flyers in the FA Cup 3rd Round.
- Chris Hughes- on Twitter at @ChrisHughes1996
- Saints Marching- on Twitter at @SaintsMarching_
- Website- saintsmarching.com
- Kirsty Bell- on Twitter at @kirst1937
- Southampton Women’s FC- on Twitter at @sotonwomensfc
- Website- https://www.southamptonwfc.co.uk/
- Club secretary, Amanda Burroughs- firstname.lastname@example.org
- **A video with just Kirsty’s interview will be put up on YouTube by Wednesday night, US Pacific time. A link will be Tweeted several times.
- There are two new ways to enjoy the show. You can now listen to the most recent episodes on Soundcloud and YouTube, and you can still subscribe wherever you get your podcasts by searching “Dellivery” in your app- just make sure autocorrect doesn’t change it to delivery- and then look for the same image that is used on the Facebook page and Twitter Account.
- If you have questions or comments about the show, I'd love to hear them, please contact me via Twitter or email. If you have a guest you'd like me to try and get ahold of please let me know and I'll do my best.
- The artwork for the show is done by Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton page on Instagram. Be sure to check out the great edits, competitions, and polls he has going on over there.
- On this episode you heard a riff from BB King, I didn't create or recreate it, I just thought it was a good fit for the show.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future episodes and give the show a rating on iTunes!
All feedback can be sent to @SFCDell_ivery on Twitter or facebook.com/SFCDellivery and questions can be submitted using the hashtag #sfcdell. You can also email the show at email@example.com.
Until next time, cheers.