Ep. 139- Talk of the Town, Top of the League, with Hayley Newman and Philippa Holden of Southampton Women’s FC
The international break might be in full effect, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t any club football being played. The FA Women’s Super League kicked off this weekend with a number of derbies spread around the country, some being played in the men’s stadiums and almost all drawing big crowds. Building on the back of the World Cup this past summer, the FAWSL is looking to keep the interest in the sport growing, and the weekend wasn’t a bad start.
The interest in the Women’s game doesn’t stop at the top tier. The Southampton Women’s Football Club has noticed the swell in support as well. As Southampton’s longest-running women’s club, they’re happy to see people come out and support them as they battle for promotion this season against, among others, the women of the Southampton Football Club.
This week I’m lucky to be joined by two members of the team. Hayley Newman is the media manager for Soton Women’ and Philippa Holden in a midfielder for the club who’s rise to the first team started more than 4 years ago. Hayley, Philippa and I all discuss the start of the season, matchday routines, take a couple of listener questions and throw around some light-hearted jokes about postcodes and such. Hayley and Philippa were both lovely to speak with and I hope you enjoy the episode.
Philippa is still looking for a sponsor for the season. You can get in touch with her @philippaholden on Twitter, or email the club secretary below. Hayley doesn’t need sponsorship, but your support is always welcome. You can follow her on Twitter @NewmanHay. More links for the club are below.
- Southampton Women’s FC- on Twitter at @sotonwomensfc
- Website- https://www.southamptonwfc.co.uk/
- Media Inquiries- Hayley Newman- @NewmanHay on Twitter
- Club secretary, Amanda Burroughs- email@example.com
- Schedule- https://www.southamptonwfc.co.uk/firsts-fixtures-results
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/sotonwomensfc/
- CONTACT the SHOW and SUBSCRIBE-
- SUBSCRIBE NOW! Get every show as soon as it’s ready! Use the links below or search “Dellivery” in your app.
Credits and Stuff:
- LOGO Design- Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton on Instagram.
- Music Credits:
Until next time, cheers.