There are a lot of aspects of training and sport, from physicality to tactics, to speed and technique. Every sport is different, but all have some common traits. One thing that this week's guest, Blake Hampton, argues, is that the psychological side of football is being neglected, and it can be the difference between being really good, and being elite.
Blake and I talk about his latest article, "Understanding the Un-teachables: A Psychological Approach to the Game," published by Top Flight Talk and avaliabele on topflighttalk.co.uk or by clicking the link --> https://topflighttalk.co.uk/psychological-approach-to-the-game. After that we run down the latest Saints' news on the international front.
- You can get in touch with Blake on Twitter @SFC_Blake and you can find all of his work @ReadSouthampton, @TopFlightTalk and @12thManSport
- If you are intersted in winning a copy of Mark Sanderson's (@BobbyStokesBook - guest on episodes 10 and 11) click the link below and fill out the information. We'll announce the winner next week! Good luck!
- Be sure to share the show using the #trypod. It helps spread the word and support the show.
- If you have questions or comments about the show, I'd love to hear them, please contact me via Twitter or email. If you have a guest you'd like me to try and get ahold of please let me know and I'll do my best.
- The artwork for the show is done by Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton page on Instagram. Be sure to check out the great edits, competitions, and polls he has going on over there.
- On this episode you heard a riff from BB King, I didn't create or recreate it, I just thought it was a good fit for the show.
- Add music this week is by Jacob Miranda, a San Diego based musician and producer... he's also my cousin. Check him out if you are in the area.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future episodes!
Until then, cheers.