***Note, the weekly newsletter went out for the first time last week. If you are interested in signing up to get it, you can do that here. You can also read last week’s by clicking here and enjoy the website at southamptondellivery.com I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think!
The Premier League took a break this weekend while the fifth round of the FA Cup took place. Due to Saints exit from the competition against Derby County in the third round, Saints spent a week training in Tenerife where, by all accounts, they worked hard everywhere from the training pitch to the film room to the gym. I, and I’m sure almost everyone reading this, hope that Saints can take a good week of training into, yet another, important run of fixture, with three matches coming in the space of seven days beginning with Arsenal away on Sunday.
With that all said, this week I caught up with Tom Murray (on Twitter @T214Murray), who is part of the team of commentators that provide audio commentary for blind and partially sighted fans at all Southampton home matches. Tom and the rest of the team are all trained volunteers who do each game under the guidance and planning of Alan March Sport (Twitter) who provide a range of similar services across many sporting grounds in the UK.
Tom, who is a Southampton fan, discuss getting involved with the program, how he goes about his work, discuss some memorable moments, answer some listener questions and more. It was truly a pleasure to speak with someone who was as passionate about Saints and his volunteer work as Tom. If you haven’t connected with him yet I would encourage you to do so!
If you or someone you know are interested in the audio description service provided by Alan March Sport for Saints FC home matches, please visit the website HERE and reserve your audio receiver for the next home fixture.
- CONTACT the SHOW and SUBSCRIBE-
- Twitter (@SFCDell_ivery)- https://twitter.com/SFCDell_ivery
- Instagram (@sfcdell_ivery)- https://www.instagram.com/sfcdell_ivery/
- Facebook (facebook.com/sfcdellivery)- https://www.facebook.com/SFCDellivery
- Newsletter Sign Up- https://mailchi.mp/386f9e7040c6/southamptondelliverypodcast
- Newsletter Archive- https://us12.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=e978aa5e90269c79ffd9b248a&id=7aac5c1d9a
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit questions with #sfcdell
- SUBSCRIBE NOW! Get every show as soon as it’s ready! Use the links below or search “Dellivery” in your app.
Credits and Stuff:
- LOGO Design- Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton on Instagram.
- Music Credits:
Until next time, cheers.