I was lucky enough to have a long conversation with Mark Sanderson (@BobbyStokesBook), Author of Bobby Stokes: The Man from Portsmouth Who Scored Southampton's Most Famous Goal. Mark is so much more than an author. Besides that fact that he's married, has kids, and loves Saints, he has a regular job, just like most of us. I found a lot of parallels between his writing of the book and me doing this podcast, which is part of the reason I enjoyed talking to him so much. This is part ONE of my interview with Mark. We'll be back with Part Two next week!
- The show this week focuses on Mark and the book, and also some history around the Southampton/Portsmouth rivalry. I constantly try to make sense of it as he explains is to me in detail... we have one insider, and one outsider, and the view is totally different. I hope you enjoy the coversation as much as I enjoyed my chat with Mark.
- Mark is also running in the ABP Southampton Half Marathon, and is raising money for the Saints Foundation. You can sign up to support him through his Just Giving page here.
- If you have questions or comments about the show, I'd love to hear them, please contact me via Twitter or email. If you have a guest you'd like me to try and get ahold of please let me know and I'll do my best.
- The artwork for the show is done by Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton page on Instagram. Be sure to check out the great edits, competitions, and polls he has going on over there.
- On this episode you heard a riff from BB King, I didn't create or recreate it, I just thought it was a good fit for the show.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future episodes!
Until then, cheers.