Ep. 72- Poland’s Potential: A World Cup Preview, with Chris Lash of Right Bank Warsaw, in conjunction with Tactics FC
We are officially done with top flight domestic seasons. The promotion finals are over, the Champions League Final is done, and International Friendlies have already begun. It’s not that Saints aren’t in the news at all, with Mark Hughes and the first team coaching staff signing new three-year contracts last week, but aside from that, there isn’t all that much going on.
So, for this week,we’ve teamed up with a bunch of other podcasts and in conjunction with @Tactics_FC to help bring you a World Cup preview podcast for each team at the tournament. My part in this is to bring a preview of the Poland squad. This is partially driven by the fact that my country of birth (USA) and the two countries my family comes from (Italy and Norway) failed to make the tournament, leaving me without a country to truly pull for in the finals. Plus, add to it I find Poland’s history, both on and off the pitch, to be interesting, and I kinda know a guy (or at least I’ve spoken with one before) that can help shed some light on the squad. Oh, and Bednarek is potentially going to make the final roster, so that’s also pretty cool too.
This is where Chris Lash (@rightbankwarsaw and also rightbankwarsaw.com) come in. He lives and breathes Poland’s Ekstraklasa and has his own website, podcast, has done TV, etc. So, when I saw the opportunity to get to speak with him again and learn about the history of the squad and the expectations that they take with them into their first WC Finals appearance in 12 years.
You can get in touch with Tactics FC and Christ Lash at the links below:
- Twitter: @rightbankwarsaw
- Web- rightbankwarsaw.com
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/christopherlashwriter/
- Instagram: @rightbankwarsaw
I highly encourage you to go and check out Tactics FC, Christopher, and the other preview podcasts as they become available.
- This podcast is partnered with The Saints Report. For your all your Southampton FC news and needs, visit The Saints Report on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- If you have questions or comments about the show, I'd love to hear them, please contact me via Twitter or email. If you have a guest you'd like me to try and get ahold of please let me know and I'll do my best.
- The artwork for the show is done by Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton page on Instagram. Be sure to check out the great edits, competitions, and polls he has going on over there.
- The show is on Twitter (@SFCDell_ivery) , Instagram (@sfcdell_ivery), and Facebook (facebook.com/sfcdellivery), so give us a follow, like the stuff, and stay up on what’s going down.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future episodes and give the show a rating on iTunes! You can click the links below or search “Dellivery” in your app.
All feedback can be sent to @SFCDell_ivery on Twitter, @sfcdell_ivery on Instagram, or at facebook.com/SFCDellivery. Questions can be submitted using the hashtag #sfcdell, and you can email the show at email@example.com.
All music in this episode comes courtesy of the Free Music Archive at freemusicarchive.org.
Intro Song- “Epic Song” by BoxCat Games- http://freemusicarchive.org/music/BoxCat_Games/
End of Show/Credits- “Aim is True” by Podington Bear- http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Podington_Bear/
Until next time, cheers.