Ep. 47- Tadic Stays, Austin Plays, and Together Saints Score 4, with Jamie Grant of the Saints Report
Well how about that? We all know Everton are garbage, and it’s not just former Captain Ron that thinks so. But, no matter what you think of the blue side of Merseyside, you have to give some credit to Saints for their performance on the pitch on Sunday. In the immediate aftermath of that bare-bottom spanking we gave Everton, I spoke with Jamie Grant of @TheSaintsReport about the match, mental health, and the upcoming trips to Manchester City and Bournemouth. It’s not often that Jamie steps out from behind the Instagram filter, but it’s always a pleasure when he does.
The Saints Report Twitter- https://twitter.com/TheSaintsReport?lang=en
The Saints Report Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/thesaintsreport/
Special thanks to Jamie for having the courage to speak about his ongoing battle with depression and mental health. I know it’s hard to speak about, but the only way we can change the stigma surrounding mental illness is to speak out about it.
Resources and Links for Mental Health
NHS Depression Services Locator- use this to locate NHS Depression Services near you.-UK
Things I spoke about during the episode:
- @TheUglyInside’s Movember Campaign- https://t.co/Z2ZMme9f0w
- Kiko Rodriguez Interview, Episode-27- Mental Health in Sport
- PLinUSA Twitter- https://twitter.com/PLinUSA?lang=en
- PLinUSA Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/plinusa/
- If you have questions or comments about the show, I'd love to hear them, please contact me via Twitter or email. If you have a guest you'd like me to try and get ahold of please let me know and I'll do my best.
- The artwork for the show is done by Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton page on Instagram. Be sure to check out the great edits, competitions, and polls he has going on over there.
- On this episode you heard a riff from BB King, I didn't create or recreate it, I just thought it was a good fit for the show.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future episodes and give the show a rating on iTunes!
All feedback can be sent to @SFCDell_ivery on Twitter or facebook.com/SFCDellivery and questions can be submitted using the hashtag #sfcdell. You can also email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time, cheers.