This week’s show is a bit different. There is no talk of tactics, formations, or transfers. Instead I had the opportunity to speak with Kiko Rodriguez, @KikoRod9, who is, among other things, a founding member of @DRNSport (he also happens to be JRod’s dad, so, yeah). In light of the article on Steven Caulker a few weeks ago, Kiko and I spoke about mental health, mostly about how it is viewed in sport, specifically football, and how our battles with depression impacted our lives. I also asked a bit about JRod, but that’s not the focus of the episode.
If you are looking for a more football/Saints focused episode, we’ll have that next week (or last week, if you missed it). There wasn’t much happening this week, and some things are just bigger than what goes on inside the lines or on the training ground. I hope you understand.
Resources and Links for Mental Health
NHS Depression Services Locator- use this to locate NHS Depression Services near you.-UK
No matter what, just know you are not alone. Find someone to speak with, whether it’s your GP, a friend or family member, a counselor or someone else. Sharing helps lighten the burden more than I can describe.
Speacial thanks to @SAINTSINFRANCE for all of his helo setting up the interview and connecting Kiko and I. This couldn't have happened without you!
- Information for Bradley Lowrey's Funeral- Funeral Information, Donation
- The podcast now has a Facebook page (as do I). Be sure to like the page and follow along so you stay up-to-date with what’s going on. Visit--> facebook.com/SFCDellivery
- If you have questions or comments about the show, I'd love to hear them, please contact me via Twitter or email. If you have a guest you'd like me to try and get ahold of please let me know and I'll do my best.
- The artwork for the show is done by Matt Beling of the wearesouthampton page on Instagram. Be sure to check out the great edits, competitions, and polls he has going on over there.
- You heard the Jimi Hendrix version of the Star Spangled Banner, as performed at Woodstock on today’s episode. You also heard BB King doing Saints Go Marching In, and a rendition of God Save the Queen/My Country ‘Tis of Thee.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future episodes and also give the show a rating on iTunes!
All feedback can be sent to @SFCDell_ivery on Twitter or facebook.com/SFCDellivery and questions can be submitted using the hashtag #sfcdell. You can also email the show at email@example.com.
Until next time, cheers.